Some writers (such as Ian Rankin) keep the space behind their computer clear so that they don't get distracted, others like to display inspirational quotes and photographs to spur them on. Whichever camp you're in, the chances are you could do with a noticeboard somewhere in your office or home. They're essential, after all, for leaving reminders to yourself and instructions loving notes to your nearest and dearest.
1. I admit it, I have a soft spot for vintage florals, and this shabby chic pin board would look lovely on my office wall. You can order it with or without the ribbons, and in a variety of sizes and colours (including sage, grey or duck egg). Prices start at £34.95 from NotOnTheHighStreet.
2. Perhaps you don't need to pin things up, and you just want a handy memo board on which to scribble notes. If so, this attractive chalk board should fit the bill. Made to look like natural slate, this eco-friendly chalk board is actually made from recycled plant pots. Get it from A Short Walk for £9.95.
3. This big metal ampersand sign isn't just decorative, you can use it as a magnetic memo board, too. It's made from iron, has a distressed finish and comes with a set of magnets. You can hang it on the wall or just prop it up, but do make sure you have room as it's almost a metre tall. £95 from Rose & Grey.
4. If industrial chic isn't your bag, then perhaps these antique-framed boards will be more your style. Available with a hessian centre and either a cream or silver frame, the boards cost £49 from Primrose & Plum.
5. You can hang this set of four pretty clipboards together or separately to create a memo board with a difference. £30 from Bodie and Fou. If you're on a budget, I think this is a great DIY idea, too.