What could be better than a beautiful necklace? A beautiful necklace that reflects your literary leanings, of course! Stay away from the high street and pick yourself up something more unusual from the trusty t'interweb. Here are five suggestions to get you started and they all cost less than £25.
1. To be quite honest, I don't think I ever got over my obsession with dolls houses, and this tiny-book necklace would let me wear my love of miniatures and literature with pride. I mean, just look at that adorable titchy lock and key! It's handmade, and is available for £23 from David Curd on Etsy.
2. How about a literary quote on a chain? This black-coated steel necklace is inspired by Lewis Carroll's Alice In Wonderland. A quick search reveals a multitude of products that allude to Alice - it's an enduringly popular classic, after all - but this bold piece of jewellery does it a little differently. The necklace reads 'we're all mad here' but there's also one that says 'curiouser and curiouser'. Priced between £16 and £23 from UntamedMenagerie on Etsy.
3. Another Etsy gem, and the perfect gift for comic-book lovers.This 'Pow' necklace puts the 'fun' into 'funky' (sorry). It's made from double layered acrylic by British designer GlitterbombUK and costs £11.
4. There is something very pleasing about the ampersand symbol (although I have great difficulty writing the darn things) and this gold-coloured necklace from Bookish showcases its delicate charm perfectly. The necklace ships with an 18-inch gold-plated chain and a jewellery pouch. £16 from Bookish.
5. Especially for keen readers and proud geeks, this spectacles necklace comes nicely packaged with an Oscar Wilde quote: I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying. I know how you feel, Oscar. £12 from the Literary Emporium at NotOnTheHighStreet.