My money is on Jojo Moyes for The Last Letter From Your Lover which was one of the most engaging, sweepingly romantic and original novels I've read in years.
The shortlist will be announced on Feb 10th 2011. Who do you think will make it? Who do you think will win?
The Long List in alphabetical order is below (I've linked the titles to Amazon so you can read more about each book).
- To Defy a King by Elizabeth Chadwick (Little, Brown - Sphere)
- The Good, the Bad and the Dumped by Jenny Colgan (Little, Brown - Sphere)
- The Golden Prince by Rebecca Dean (HarperCollins)
- Sons & Daughters by Margaret Dickinson (Pan MacMillan)
- Kissing Mr. Wrong by Sarah Duncan (Headline)
- A Perfect Proposal by Katie Fforde (Random House)
- The Jewel of St. Petersburg by Kate Furnivall (Little, Brown - Sphere)
- Amazir by Tom Gamble (Beautiful Books)
- The Island by Elin Hilderbrand (Hodder & Stoughton)
- The Queen of New Beginnings by Erica James (Orion)
- The Way to a Woman’s Heart by Christina Jones (Little, Brown - Piatkus)
- I Heart Paris by Lindsey Kelk (HarperCollins)
- His Last Duchess by Gabrielle Kimm (Little, Brown - Sphere)
- Christmas Eve at Friday Harbour by Lisa Kleypas (Little, Brown - Piatkus)
- The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes (Hodder & Stoughton)
- Virgin Widow by Anne O’Brien (Mira)
- Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn (Little, Brown - Piatkus)
- The Search by Nora Roberts (Little, Brown - Piatkus)
- The Legacy by Katherine Webb (Orion)
- Hope Against Hope by Sally Zigmond (Myrmidon)